As with all financial products, not all annuities are created equal. The best annuity for an individual depends on their unique circumstances. For example, if a retiree has a certain health condition that may impact their life expectancy, a reputable financial advisor will take this into account, and recommend a suitable product.
In the past, this didn’t always happen. In 2015, the government announced that retired people would have more freedom with their pensions. This meant that many individuals opted for an annuity that negatively impacted their financial situation in the long-term. The result? Hundreds of retirees out of pocket, due to their product being mis-sold to them.
Can I claim compensation for Annuity mis-selling?
Experts predict that annuities will be the next major mis-selling scandal. If you weren't presented with a full range of products, or your annuity didn't have the option to include a spouse, this suggests that you might have received inadequate financial advice. The same applies if your adviser failed to ask for details about any existing health conditions. If you suspect you're a victim of mis-selling, you may be eligible to make a claim.
Here are some examples of situations where you might have been mis-sold an annuity
- Your adviser failed to present you with a range of options. While it's acceptable for a financial expert to offer an opinion on what product is best for you, it's not okay for them to fail to outline the other options available.
- Your adviser didn’t find out about your health. Your health has a direct impact on how long your life expectancy is. If your adviser doesn’t take this into account, you could end up with an annuity that pays out less each month than you should be receiving.
- You felt coerced into investing in a particular product. At no point should you feel pressurised to commit to an option that you don’t fully understand, or that you’re unsure about.
- The hidden fees weren’t explained properly. All financial products come with fees. It’s vital that your adviser makes you aware of all the charges before you select an annuity.
Claiming on a mis-sold annuity
At Goodwin Barrett we have many years' experience assisting clients who have been mis-sold financial products. As such, we are experts in the financial field and perfectly positioned to handle your annuity mis-selling claim.
Our top priority is customer care, and we're dedicated to getting the best possible outcome for all our customers.
If you would like more information about how we can help you to reclaim some of your investment from a mis-sold annuity, or to simply talk through your situation, call our friendly team of experts on 0808 163 1659, email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can enter your details in the call-back box at the top right and we'll call you back.
Request a call back
If you'd like us to call, please fill in your details.
Request a call back
If you'd like us to call, please fill in your details
compensation from Halifax
compensation from Santander
Why choose us?
- Hassle-free process.
- No lengthy paperwork to complete.
- Your own dedicated claims expert.
- Claims settled within 8 weeks on average.
Speak to our friendly experts
If you feel you've been let down by your bank or financial adviser please call us.
Call today 0808 163 1659
We've helped thousands of people win compensation as a result of unsuitable financial advice.
I’m absolutely delighted with the service we got from Goodwin Barrett, I couldn’t believe how easy it was and i’ve nothing but praise for them
This was an excellent result which my wife and I never expected. My sincere thanks to you for such an excellent achievement, I cannot thank you enough
After sending a report to Santander, they agreed with our findings and awarded Mr Snowden an amount of £7,000 made up from a refund of the losses together with interest and compensation.
This was a fantastic result I never expected. My sincere thanks for such a prompt and efficient service.
I am so grateful to your company but especially to Steve Wise for getting me the money back
We reported our findings to Halifax and within a matter of weeks had secured our client the sum of £26,700 in compensation.
After we sent a detailed complaint to Halifax, Fred was delighted to receive £6,916 from the bank in a matter of weeks.
Having investigated the complaint Lloyds TSB agreed that the advice was unsuitable and agreed to pay the clients £10,000.
Figures shown are before the deduction of our fee.