Terms & Conditions - Mis-sold Investment
We have tried to make our Terms and Conditions as clear and transparent as possible by using easy to understand language. If there is anything in this document that you are unsure about please call us for a more detailed explanation.
This agreement creates a contractual relationship between Goodwin Barrett Limited T/a Goodwin Barrett (Company No:09294215) Mikar Business Park, Northolt Drive, Bolton, BL3 6NJ and the individual(s) who prints their name(s) and signs this agreement for the Firm to advise, investigate and represent the client to lodge a complaint, on the clients behalf, against relevant third parties This includes pursuing a claim(s) for a Mis -Sold Investment where unsuitable financial advice has been provided and you have lost money as a result of this advice. Examples of the sort of products include Stocks and Shares ISAs, Unit Trusts and Investment Bonds.
The service provided by Goodwin Barrett will be as follows:
- Obtain relevant information from your bank or investment provider to investigate the merits of your claim
- Obtain relevant information from you to ascertain the basis of the claim and investigate its merits
- Advise you about whether the claim has a prospect of success or not prior to presenting the claim to the bank
- Submit a claim on your behalf to the bank
- Liaise with the bank following the submission of the claim until the claim is concluded
- If the claim is rejected, we will discuss with you the possibility of escalating the claim to the Financial Ombudsman Service
- To provide all information/paperwork that you have in your possession as required by Goodwin Barrett to help with the claim
- To not enter into any agreements with your bank or financial adviser without first consulting Goodwin Barrett but understand that you may receive a call from your bank to confirm the details of the claim submitted by Goodwin Barrett
- To co-operate with Goodwin Barrett to enable us to provide the claims management service to you
- To notify Goodwin Barrett when an offer of compensation is made by your bank
- To accept offers of compensation that Goodwin Barrett advises are reasonable
- To notify Goodwin Barrett where you are in receipt of compensation paid by your bank
Goodwin Barrett can terminate this agreement at any time and no fee will be payable by you if we think there are no grounds for a claim or that your claim is unlikely to succeed. You have the right to cancel the contract by telephone, email or in writing to Goodwin Barrett within 14 days of signing the contract and you will not be charged. If you terminate after 14 days, and we have submitted your claim, and an offer of compensation is subsequently made, we will charge our full fee as detailed below. If you cancel after 14 days, and we have submitted your claim, and we are unsuccessful, we will not charge a fee.
Law & Jurisdiction
The law applicable to this contract shall be English law and the parties consent to the jurisdiction of the English courts in all matters affecting this contract.
Making a claim yourself
You do not need to use Goodwin Barrett to make this claim – you can do this yourself free of charge and if your claim is unsuccessful you can pursue this with the Financial Ombudsman Service. In the event that your financial adviser is no longer in business you may be able to use the services of the Financial Services Compensation Scheme.
Payment of our fee
Goodwin Barrett will endeavour to recover all monies in respect of my claim and undertake to forward any payment from my bank or financial adviser to me within seven days from the date received, subject to the agreed fee of which is calculated on the total amount you get back.
|Redress band||Redress Amount||Max % Fee (Inc VAT)||Max Total Fee (Inc VAT)|
Please note the above fee illustration is not to be taken as an estimate of the amounts we are likely to recover.
If you have any outstanding liabilities with the bank such as an overdraft, there is a possibility that any compensation will be off set against those outstanding liabilities but you will still be liable to pay our fee.
Complaints may be made in writing, by e-mail, by telephone or in any other form to Goodwin Barrett Ltd, Mikar Business Park, Northolt Drive, Bolton, BL3 6NJ Telephone: 01204 471280 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Request a call back
If you'd like us to call, please fill in your details
compensation from Halifax
compensation from Santander
Why choose us?
- Hassle-free process.
- No lengthy paperwork to complete.
- Your own dedicated claims expert.
- Claims settled within 8 weeks on average.
Speak to our friendly experts
If you feel you've been let down by your bank or financial adviser please call us.
Call today 0808 163 1659
We've helped thousands of people win compensation as a result of unsuitable financial advice.
I’m absolutely delighted with the service we got from Goodwin Barrett, I couldn’t believe how easy it was and i’ve nothing but praise for them
This was an excellent result which my wife and I never expected. My sincere thanks to you for such an excellent achievement, I cannot thank you enough
After sending a report to Santander, they agreed with our findings and awarded Mr Snowden an amount of £7,000 made up from a refund of the losses together with interest and compensation.
This was a fantastic result I never expected. My sincere thanks for such a prompt and efficient service.
I am so grateful to your company but especially to Steve Wise for getting me the money back
We reported our findings to Halifax and within a matter of weeks had secured our client the sum of £26,700 in compensation.
After we sent a detailed complaint to Halifax, Fred was delighted to receive £6,916 from the bank in a matter of weeks.
Having investigated the complaint Lloyds TSB agreed that the advice was unsuitable and agreed to pay the clients £10,000.
Figures shown are before the deduction of our fee.